Re: [Xen-users] "received packet with own address as source address"

To: Theo Cabrerizo Diem <diem@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] "received packet with own address as source address"
From: Tiago Cruz <tiagocruz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 12:37:54 -0300
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 13:31:02 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello Theo, many thanks for your help! ;)

On Mon, 2006-10-30 at 13:59 +0100, Theo Cabrerizo Diem wrote:

> I got that message when my xenbr0/peth0 (yes, the real eth0, renamed by
> xend scripts) interfaces (or whatever bridge name you are using) have a
> MAC address configured in it.

Well, I don't know exactly what's happen but I've configured only my
eth0 on boot time, and put this on my rc.local:

ip link set peth0 down
ip link set peth0 mac fe:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
ip link set peth0 up

ip link set xenbr0 down
ip link set xenbr0 mac fe:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
ip link set xenbr0 up

ip link set eth0 down
ip link set eth0 mac fe:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff arp off
ip link set eth0 up

Now, after boot my machine don't crash any more, but the bridge stay
without IP/MAC:

xenbr0    Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr FE:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF
          inet6 addr: fe80::fcff:ffff:feff:ffff/64 Scope:Link
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING NOARP  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:14472 (14.1 KiB)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)

[root@xen ~]# brctl show
xenbr0          8000.feffffffffff       no              peth0
                                                        vif0.0

Anyway, look that is all working now :)
Many thanks!

- Tiago Cruz