[Xen-users] xen 3.0.3 and LVM

To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] xen 3.0.3 and LVM
From: jonr@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 09:01:05 -0900
Delivery-date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 13:37:57 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
IBM xseries 306m
Slackware 10.2
2GB of RAM
3.2Ghz Xeon
Scsi drive:WDC WD1600JS-23M Rev: 03.0

I installed xen 3.0.3 and specified a dom0 and a domU kernel in the Makefile.
Everything built and installed fine and I can boot the system but when I try to
run vgscan I get the error: "vgscan -- LVM driver/module not loaded?". So I
tried to load the module, 'modprobe dm_mod' and it says it is not found. I
checked the kernel using a 'make menuconfig' and found the device mapper module
statically compiled into the kernel.

So the module is compiled into the kernel but I have no lvm support and the only
module I can see that is loaded is agpgart, that is the only module that loads.
Has anybody seen this and know how to get around it? Do I need an initrd to
make xen3.0.3 to work?

Thanks for any advice,

Jon