Re: [Xen-users] What kind of processor

On Thu, 2006-09-28 at 17:42 +0200, Thorolf Godawa wrote:
>  >> I've an Intel Pentium D 945, but the Intel support tells
>  >> that the 900 series support the VT technology
>  >> http://www.intel.com/products/processor/pentium_d/prodbrief.pdf
>  > As you see, some 9XX models are supported in then wiki's list.
> the list has to be corrected, Intel now sells also "low-quality" Pentium
> D 9xx, to be more exact, all 9X0-modells do support HVM, the 9X5-modells
> NOT :-(
>
>  > I have no idea why exactly your model doesn't work with Xen.
> It's the wrong processor, the Intel-VT is disabled in this processor!

Im going to purchase two AMD opteron 275 dual core 2.2ghz equipped
machines.
And as i understand it all opteron CPU's have "amd-v" and supports
hardware virtualization, yet this model isnt in the list.
Is it not actually yet supported, even though it HAS the technology, or
is there an error in the list ?

Regards

/Jonas