Re: [Xen-users] What kind of processor

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] What kind of processor
From: Thorolf Godawa <nospam@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 17:42:57 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 08:43:54 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> I've an Intel Pentium D 945, but the Intel support tells
>> that the 900 series support the VT technology
>> http://www.intel.com/products/processor/pentium_d/prodbrief.pdf
> As you see, some 9XX models are supported in then wiki's list.
the list has to be corrected, Intel now sells also "low-quality" Pentium D 9xx, to be more exact, all 9X0-modells do support HVM, the 9X5-modells NOT :-(

> I have no idea why exactly your model doesn't work with Xen.
It's the wrong processor, the Intel-VT is disabled in this processor!
--

Chau y hasta luego,

Thorolf