Re: [Xen-users] what do you recommend for cluster fs ??

I'm about to, actually. I'm going to make some rather easy to deploy
cluster-in-a-box image collections and some simple scripts to setup
networking to get them up and running.

I'll be using Pound [ http://www.apsis.ch/pound/ ] over a farm skinny
centos4 / lighttpd / fastcgi dom-u's on top of a conventional MySQL
cluster for db, with failover pound load balancer and mysql manager
dom-u's (located on different machines), just based on the common 3.0.x
para-virtualized kernel.

Its use will be easily rolling out something to handle high traffic or
image / media intense web sites, forums that take off quickly or sites
prone to frequent /.'ings or diggs.

I've yet to get ocfs2 working but its mostly due to lack of effort on my
part, I just don't have the time to work on hobby stuff anymore.

If you wouldn't mind posting your experiences with it should you elect
to try it, I'd appreciate the reading :) I often just default to gfs
because it works and I can deploy it quickly.

It seems like a cinch .. check : [ from oracle's site
http://oss.oracle.com/projects/ocfs2/ ] :

>> Ubuntu: OCFS2 is included in the stock Dapper kernel. Ubuntu users
>> must also install the ocfs2-tools and ocfs2console packages, which
>> are in Dapper as well. Thanks goes to Fabio Massimo Di Nitto for
>> doing the packaging work.

Best,
-Tim