Re: [Xen-users] Dom-U config: whats the role of vif - IP

To: Christoph Purrucker <cp+ml-xen@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Dom-U config: whats the role of vif - IP
From: Tim Post <tim.post@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 00:58:41 +0800
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 09:59:38 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I forgot to mention, this is only useful when used in conjunction with
antispoof, or something else (custom shorewall setups / etc) running on
dom-0 that are smart enough to handle it.

No "magic" happens within Xen itself to prevent this just because the
variables are specified.

I need to start paying attention to list netiquette and stop assuming
everyone knows I'm alluding to a utility that I didn't bother to mention
in my reply (shorewall / iptables). Sorry about the double reply and
quotes :)

-Tim