[Xen-users] Weird problems: is this related to Xen?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Weird problems: is this related to Xen?
From: Arik Raffael Funke <arik.funke@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 13:09:10 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 04:10:55 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I am having a weird problem of which I am not sure what to make.

I am running a FC5 xen system on a Promise FastTrack PDC20378 TX2+ fake-raid controller with two sata disks running as a raid1-array. The domU's are custom built from xen3.0.2 with the standard 2.6.16 kernel but on the basis of the FC5 xenU ".config"-file for kernel configuration. (I felt that the FC5 xenU kernels based on 2.6.17 were all but stable...)

Sometimes, it seems almost always when restarting dom0 (and the xenU domains are being shutdown), the following messages occur. They appear literally when the xendomains script is shutting down the domU's. Only a cold restart helps:

ata3: command timeout
ata3: status=0x50 {DriveReady SeekComplete}

alternatively also with ata4...

Also I get:
hdc: lost interrupt
hdc: request sense failure: status=0x51 {DriveReady SeekComplete Error}
hdc: request sense failure: error=0x50 {LastFailedSense00x50}

I never had them before using xen. After a restart everything is back to normal. Has anybody seen such messages before? Where should I be asking if this is not xen related?

Cheers,
Arik