RE: [Xen-users] Compiling Kernel with raid driver for my Dell poweredge

To: <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Compiling Kernel with raid driver for my Dell poweredge 2850 RAID Controler
From: "Nicolo" <nicolo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 18:21:41 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 09:22:37 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have juste see that my 2.4.27-2-386 original kernel that work uses
megaraid2 and not megaraid :
CONFIG_SCSI_MEGARAID=m
CONFIG_SCSI_MEGARAID2=m

and lsmod :
megaraid2              28616   3  (autoclean)
scsi_mod               86052   3  (autoclean) [ide-scsi sd_mod megaraid2]

in my .config 2.6.16-xen i have :
CONFIG_MEGARAID_NEWGEN=y
CONFIG_MEGARAID_MM=m
CONFIG_MEGARAID_MAILBOX=m
CONFIG_MEGARAID_LEGACY=m
CONFIG_MEGARAID_SAS=m

Nicolo

megaraid2              28616   3  (autoclean)
scsi_mod               86052   3  (autoclean) [ide-scsi sd_mod megaraid2]

So megaraid2 needs scsi_mod ? how can i active it ?

I put y instead of m on all 5 megaraid option but it's doesn't work :-(

when i edit my .config, it comes to :

CONFIG_MEGARAID_NEWGEN=y
CONFIG_MEGARAID_MM=m
CONFIG_MEGARAID_MAILBOX=m
CONFIG_MEGARAID_LEGACY=m
CONFIG_MEGARAID_SAS=m

instead of :

CONFIG_MEGARAID_NEWGEN=y
CONFIG_MEGARAID_MM=y
CONFIG_MEGARAID_MAILBOX=y
CONFIG_MEGARAID_LEGACY=y
CONFIG_MEGARAID_SAS=y

And how can I include a "initrd" that has the relevant modules ?
thanks

nicolo