Re: [Xen-users] DELL PowerEdge 2850 - no CPU vme support

To: "'xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] DELL PowerEdge 2850 - no CPU vme support
From: Max E Baro <MEB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 10:34:05 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 08:15:12 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I installed Xen 3.0.2-testing on a dell with "vt" support using red hat as the base.  VT support is required for HVM domains where you can install Windows OS.  I had to disable USB on all the dells running linux because of IRQ contention.  I also had to boot with noirqbalance in the kernel command line.  Other than that, Xen with a WinXP domain worked good (besides having no sound).

max

http://www.xensource.com/community/xen30testing/summary.php