Re: [Xen-users] hvm system freeze

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] hvm system freeze
From: "Ray Bryant" <raybry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 16:59:19 -0500
Cc: Randall Smith <randall@xxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 15:01:45 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Friday 18 August 2006 14:56, Randall Smith wrote:
> I compiled and installed the current unstable version of xen on an amd64
> x2.  Launching an hvm freezes the system right after spitting out:
>
> Using config file "winxp.hvm".
> Started domain winxp
>
> I do get a 'white' window just before the freeze (using sdl).  My host
> OS is Debian Etch and I'm using a 64 bit kernel.  I tried both a winxp
> and ubuntu hvm with the same results.  I expect this sort of thing from
> unstable, but just wondering if anyone else is having this problem.
>
> Config is attached.
>
> Randall

I had a similar problem with 11134 plus the SVM exits.S fix.  I was able
to get it to work by doing a "make install" in the xenbits_unstable build
tree (for some reason, it appears that ./install.sh didn't do the trick
there).

So, my guess is that this is a tools incompatibility of some kind.   Did
you have a previous version of the xenbits_unstable tree installed before?
--
Ray Bryant
AMD Performance Labs                   Austin, Tx