Re: [Xen-users] AM2 Motherboard Hardware Recommendations

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] AM2 Motherboard Hardware Recommendations
From: James Oakley <joakley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 15:19:42 -0300
Delivery-date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 12:03:24 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tuesday 15 August 2006 12:22 pm, higgers wrote:
> Quoting James Oakley <joakley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > On Tuesday 15 August 2006 11:40 am, higgers wrote:
> > > Has anyone got any
> > > hardware recommendations for AM2 motherboards that they've used
> > > successfully with Xen?
> >
> > I'm running on an Asus M2NPV-VM.
>
> Which distribution and kernel version are you using?  I'm planning on using
> SUSE 10.1.

I'm using SUSE 10.1 with updated kernel/xen packages from Factory (SUSE 10.2
Alpha).

> I didn't know you could get PCI-E broadcom NICs, thanks for the heads up.
> Did you have to jump through any hoops to get it to work under Linux like
> add options to kernel config file/patch kernel/etc?

It should work out of the box. There's no real difference between onboard and
offboard nics, as far as Linux is concerned.

--
James Oakley
Engineering - SolutionInc Ltd.