Re: [Xen-users] System seams slower with Xenified kernel and xend dies w

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] System seams slower with Xenified kernel and xend dies with SIG 15
From: Gabriel Rossetti <rossettigab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 11:55:11 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 02:56:02 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ok, but wouldn't the OS take care of that? I don't think that the driver
does any
address translations, it would make no sense, it would use virtual
addresses and the OS, in my case a Xenified
linux kernel, takes care of translations. I suspect that some of the
changes made for Xen is the memory management, no?
If so then I would make sense that it stays transparent so that
everything would still work and
not have to recompile everything like in Denali. At least that's what I
think, from what I saw in
an OS class, and that I had to implement an OS's memory managment, but I
may be wrong. Also,
my binary Intel ipw3945 wireless drivers work fine, so I don't think
that is it, but then again, I may
be wrong. From my light investigation I think it's a path problem, it
can't find something apparently,
and I don't get why not. I'll have to look at it more when I find the time.

Gabriel