[Xen-users] Re: Xen Migration 100 nodes

To: Chris Vaughan <supercomputer@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: Xen Migration 100 nodes
From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <stephane@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 19:17:04 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 10:18:16 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, Jun 23, 2006 at 03:55:11PM -0600,
 Chris Vaughan <supercomputer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote
 a message of 47 lines which said:

> I am working on putting together a large xen cluster of 100
> approximate nodes with more than one vm per node.  If I am to
> migrate these xen sessions around from node to node can these xen
> sessions share the same image that is NFS mounted?  Or do I need to
> have a different image for each xen session?  This will obviously
> create a lot of storage constraints.

User-Mode-Linux has a very convenient system, COW (for Copy-on-Write)
which let you share an image between several virtual machines. Only
the delta (which is different for each machine)

See http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8803 or the official
documentation http://user-mode-linux.sourceforge.net/shared_fs.html