Re: [Xen-users] Vista B2

Mats, Jon, thank you for your helpful messages.

I'm planning to test SUSE 10.2 Alpha1. But now the download site seems very busy, I can't get even a torrent file. I will try later...

http://forge.novell.com/modules/xfmod/project/?xenpreview

was available. I have been several times before to get the "chengesets", but I hadn't know the latest version was so new as 6/19. Nicely active! ...The result was, however, the same. That is, SDL window stops after the message "Booting from CD-ROM....". It's good, it doesn't freeze, so I could shutdown the incomplete VM. Though this time I tried both Installation DVD and its ISO image, but both ended in the same result.

Here is my way to install forge.novell.com product into SUSE 10.1. Xen and dom0 booted successfully.

1)I deleted the old Xen by YaST Software Management.
2)I went to http://forge.novell.com/modules/xfmod/project/?xenpreview and downloaded SLES10-i586-changeset9742c.tar.bz2.
3)From the extracted files, I installed by rpm command:
xen-3.0.2_09742-0.1.i586.rpm
xen-libs-3.0.2_09742-0.1.i586.rpm
xen-tools-3.0.2_09742-0.1.i586.rpm
xen-tools-ioemu-3.0.2_09742-0.1.i586.rpm

Only kernel-xen-2.6.16.20-0.2.i586.rpm I could not install. It requires "kabi_badness_12" but I did not know how to do. Instead, I had the previous version kernel-xen-2.6.16.18-1.4.i586.rpm and installed it as a workaround. This might be a problem?

It's an interesting challenge. Friends around me are so interested in Xen with VT, but they few of them have VT environment themselves so they are interested in my effort. I will continue this research, keep welcoming any hint.

As has also been posted to this list, setting the Dom0 memory low also helped stability of the Windows DomUs.

Indeed! I added this info in the doc

http://en.opensuse.org/Xen_Full_Virtualization_Example

Noniko