Re: [Xen-users] xen and bonding

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] xen and bonding
From: Mike Williams <mike.williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 18:52:24 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 10:53:21 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Monday 19 June 2006 12:09, Mike Williams wrote:
> * /proc/net/bonding/ contains a list of "bonds", renaming bond0 to pbond0
> means that bond0 can't be started as it doesn't exist anymore.

I suppose my question really is, how can I run Xen in bridging mode without it
moving interfaces/IPs/MACs around?
I can't see anyway for getting the MII information into a VM when it isn't in
fact attached to the actual physical interfaces at all.
From reading the documentation, I understand (a little) why this moving of
interfaces happens, but I don't need to be able to separately firewall the
host, the VMs will all be on physically separate networks.
So far my experiments with hacking network-bridge have been less then
successful. Occasionally, for no apparent reason traffic in and out of the VM
works, but mostly it doesn't.

--
Mike Williams
System Administration Manager - Comodo