Re: [Xen-users] Xen server performance monitoring and recording

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen server performance monitoring and recording
From: "Demetri Mouratis" <dmourati.xen.users@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 10:46:35 -0700
Delivery-date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 10:47:14 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"xm top" shows some good stuff, but I don't see any good way to record
it (ala "sar") for later perusal, graphing, analysis, etc.

How are people monitoring their servers so they know when they've run
out of juice???

Even prior to getting started with Xen, I have been using and
advocating the use of Ganglia:

http://ganglia.sourceforge.net/

The great thing about Ganglia and Xen is that Ganglia relies on
multicast which makes for detection of new Xen domUs as they are added
without requiring and pre-configured list of services to monitor.
Take a look at the project and see if it meets your needs.  I will say
I have done extensive testing of Ganglia in a Xen environment and
found it worked flawlessly.

Any questions, just ask.

-D