RE: [Xen-users] Xen3.0, LSI MegaRaid, Debian

To: <Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Xen3.0, LSI MegaRaid, Debian
From: "JHJE (Jan Holst Jensen)" <jhje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 23:52:11 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 14:53:55 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Problem: Debian(linux-image-xen-686) Dom0 does not boot from
> LSI MegaRaid

I had the same problem - booted with Xen-less Debian kernel, but not
with Xen-kernel. For some reason the default Xen-config only includes
the basic Megaraid driver and not megaraid_mbox and megaraid_mm so after
I had rebuilt the kernel with all three Megaraid configs included I
could boot. I selected SCSI support and drivers statically into the
kernel - guess I am too lazy bothering with initramfs stuff...

Cheers
-- Jan Holst Jensen, Novo Nordisk A/S, Denmark