Re: [Xen-users] Xen3.0, LSI MegaRaid, Debian

To: "Sebastian Ewert" <ewerts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen3.0, LSI MegaRaid, Debian
From: "bruno taranto" <btaranto@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 09:04:54 -0300
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 05:05:47 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hy Sebastian,

1. Get the lastest xen-src.
2. copy to your /usr/src/
2. tar xzf xen-unstable-src.tgz
3. cd /usr/src/xen-unstable-dir/
3. make world (be sure your box has internet access to xen get the linux-2.6.16 from kernel.org).
4. make install
5. copy my .config(config-2.6.16-xen-ok) to your xen_unstable_directory/linux.2.6.16-xen/ (dont forget to rename to .config)
6. at /usr/src/xen-unstable-dir/ run the commands:
make linux-2.6-xen-config CONFIGMODE=menuconfig (my .config has much trash)
make linux-2.6-xen-build
make linux-2.6-xen-install
depmod 2.6.16-xen
mkinitrd -o /boot/initrd-2.6.16-xen.img 2.6.16-xen
7. dont forget to change your boot loader.
8. reboot

bruno taranto