Re: [Xen-users] Xen boot failed while mount root FS.

> > As suggested earlier you may need to use an initrd image or confirm
> > that you have  compiled all needed modules to xen kernel statically.
> > Are you sure you have compiled scsi module to kernel? By default
> > it's unlikely to be enabled in a xen kernel.
>
> Yep, it's definitely compiled statically, which is why I can't figure
> out what's going wrong.  I've never needed to use an initrd image
> before, I've always just compiled in everything I need to boot.

Well it's definitely compiled statically, because it detects the
controller during boot well before it tries to mount the root
filesystem.  The odd thing is my normal (non-Xen) kernel flies through
the SATA detection, but the Xen kernel detects the first SATA port and
then sits there for a while (~20 seconds), and apparently never
acknowledges there's a disk there.

So it looks like there's an issue with the disk detection in there
somewhere - either in Xen or in Linux 2.6.16.16.  I'll have a closer
look tomorrow when I can get hold of a serial cable to monitor the boot
messages more closely.

Cheers,
Adam.