RE: [Xen-devel] RE: [Xen-users] Xen in a 32 way system

To: "Pablo Montesinos" <pablomontesinos@xxxxxxxxx>, "Keir Fraser" <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] RE: [Xen-users] Xen in a 32 way system
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 19:59:51 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Puthiyaparambil, Aravindh" <aravindh.puthiyaparambil@xxxxxxxxxx>, Uros Trebec <uros.trebec@xxxxxxxxx>, Ryan Harper <ryanh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 11:01:09 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Isn't it a bug that we don't check for -EINVAL in the line here:
        for (i = 0; i < NR_CPUS; i++) {
                rc = HYPERVISOR_vcpu_op(VCPUOP_is_up, i, NULL);
                if (rc == -ENOENT)
                        break;
                cpu_set(i, cpu_possible_map);
        }

If NR_CPUS in Linux is bigger than 32, then rc = -EINVAL, not -ENOENT
when it returns from the vcpu_op, because the first check is to see if
vcpuid is >=32...

Checking if (rc < 0) would be better, I should think...

--
Mats