Re: [Xen-users] Success with RHEL 4.1 build?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Success with RHEL 4.1 build?
From: brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 11:21:12 -0500
Delivery-date: Sun, 21 May 2006 10:20:50 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Success!  (I think...)  I've been pouring through the docs, trying to
get a handle on this beast I've created.  A bit of guidance would be
helpful.

"uname -a" shows 2.6.16.13-xen as the boot kernel...I presume this is
dom0.

I'm using the original root partition of this machine as the boot
partition.

The docs tell me that to create a guest domain, I must point to a
kernel "compiled for use with Xen," and gives and example
(/boot/vmlinuz-2.6-xenU).

Is it possible to point to the original kernel that was distributed
with this box (2.6.9), and boot into that?  If I do this, do I need to
create a copy of the distribution on a new root partition?

  --Brian