Re: [Xen-users] Error: (2, 'No such file or directory')

On Sun, Apr 16, 2006 at 03:24:23PM +0200, Morten Christensen wrote:
> Every time I reboot, then /var/run/xenstored is deleted.
> If xend is started without an existing xenstored, than it does not work.
> If I stop xend, create  xenstored and start xend, then I do not get
> theis error.

This is a *feature* of your particular distribution. There is another reply
with a fix. I would suggest you add it to your init.d such that the directory
is recreated before the "xend start" happens. That way if you upgrade Xen and
it rewrites all your Xen-related scripts, it doesn't wipe out the fix.

xend really ought to create the directory itself...

--
Andrew Thompson
http://aktzero.com/