Re: [Xen-users] cluster filesystems

> Yeah ocfs2 is a file system, I realized the miss wording after i replied
> my apologies.  Im thinking  yes they would have to be files, which isnt
> ideal,  but again im looking for migration with survivability in a block
> device (host) failing.

Anything that makes the storage available across the network, then, even
NFS-root, would allow migration of the host.  Host failure?  Use HA-NFS.
Don't like NFS?  Then as mentioned before, iscsi, nbd, etc., are your best
options if you want to go cheap.

> all i can say is awesome,  ive looked into drbd before i was using xen,
> it looked like dev was very slow beyond making it work.  active active
> drbd would still require a cluster file system such as ocfs2 to keep
> things from tromping on each other.

Make sure ocfs2 is actually supported on the block device of choice.  It
should work on nbd (but who knows about performance), but maybe nbd comes
with some caveats of its own, like only accepting connections from a single
host....  ocfs2 is designed for shared SCSI and the SAN, not the LAN -- I
wouldn't expect superb results from other environments without a whole lotta
testing.

John

--
John Madden