Re: [Xen-users] Network Problem in domU under OpenSUSE 10.0

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Network Problem in domU under OpenSUSE 10.0
From: higgers <hpq8bfr.mailing.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 12:04:24 +0000
Delivery-date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 12:06:04 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I think I solved the problem.

ifconfig -a showed a lot of network interfaces, one of which, eth1, had the
MAC address I specified in the vif line of the domU config line.  Issuing
ifconfig eth1 192.168.0.3 up allows the domU to now ping the network.

Writing the email made me think through the problem :-)

I assume I can create an ifcfg-eth1 file in /etc/sysconfig/network in the domU
to make eth1 come up automatically?

Thanks,

Steve.