[Xen-users] xen und atalk

To: <Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] xen und atalk
From: "Daniel Bauer" <mlist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 17:22:27 +0100
Delivery-date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 16:20:58 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi @all,

on a domU Domain runs a netatalk server, but it doesn't work well. I've googled now and found that is necessary to enable ALLMULTI on the nic, but this don't work in a domU, is there a possibilty?

atalkd sets the ALLMULTI flag on the interface. The equivalent in command line is:

        ifconfig eth0 allmulti

This means that this interface must support this flag. This is probably not a worry any more, because almost all modern NICs support it.

After atalkd was successfully launched, it adds an EtherTalk address, and the ifconfig eth0 output will look like this:

eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
         inet addr:yy.yy.yy.yy  Bcast:yy.yy.255.255  Mask:255.240.0.0
         EtherTalk Phase 2 addr:65280/197          UP BROADCAST RUNNING
ALLMULTI MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1

You could find the article here:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.network.netatalk.user/18072

Thanks