Re: [Xen-users] Domain0 and firewalls

On Wednesday 22 February 2006 01:14 pm, Tom Eastep wrote:

<snip>

> If you kernel is built with CONFIG_BRIDGE_NETFILTER=y (which most are), you
> cannot totally ignore the bridge in Dom0 when configuring your firewall.
> There are a couple of approaches you can take to modify a standard Shorewall
> sample configuration to do what you want though:
>
> a)
>       - Add ipv4 zone 'xen' to /etc/shorewall/zones
>       - add the following entry to /etc/shorewall/interfaces:
>
>               xen     xenbr0          routeback
>
> b)
>       - Define explicit policies for all of your zone combinations
>       - change the all->all policy to ACCEPT (with no logging)
>
> I prefer a). It is similar to what I do (see
> http://www.shorewall.net/XenMyWay.html).

Thanks Tom.  Since I have eth0 and eth1 I have put this in zones:

fw      firewall
xen0    ipv4
xen1    ipv4

..and this in interfaces:

xen0    xenbr0      detect      routeback
xen1    xenbr1      detect      routeback

Perhaps xen0 would be better named loc and xen1 named dmz.

Is that it?

I have printed XenMyWay.html but it is going to take a while to absorb.

Regards,
David Koski
david.nospham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx