CRC Checksum problems causing issues with bridging and maybe things like

To: "Bráulio Gergull" <gergull@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: CRC Checksum problems causing issues with bridging and maybe things like nfs. Wish we had better documentation. (was Re: [Xen-users] XenNetworking - Reason for NOARP on eth1/br1?)
From: "Nicholas Lee" <emptysands@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 09:37:20 +1300
Cc: Patrick Wolfe <pwolfe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen ml <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 20:50:40 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 21/02/06, Bráulio Gergull <gergull@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've had a similar problem. I found it to be due to crc checksum errors.
>
> I solved that with "ethtool -K ethN tx off" on all domU's.
>
> I found some related info on the following thread:
>
> http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2006-01/msg00088.html

Interesting.

I wonder if this checksum issue is causing the similar problem with
NFS in domU.

This whole issue:
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2006-01/msg00684.html
is the only thing I find annoying about Xen.

Lack of good case-use example documentation.  After a couple months of
other distractions and trying to figure out this problem I was
starting to think about tryng vmware server.

To me that's a sign that XenSource aren't managing their community
very well.  Particularily since the kernel guys in xensource aren't
explaining to things to the system guys in the community, so that the
system guys can write good documentation.

--
Nicholas Lee
http://stateless.geek.nz