Re: FW: [Xen-users] Xen and OpenSSI

To: Owen Campbell <owen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: FW: [Xen-users] Xen and OpenSSI
From: N Clements <optionc.ltd@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 11:01:28 -0600
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 17:14:05 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
You need to make sure you've got the appropriate modules inside the
domU. Look in the /lib/modules directory. If there's nothing in there
then you'll need to copy them from the dom0. Either shut down the
domU, mount the image/device with the root vbd and copy them across,
or scp/ftp  them in.

For example (from the dom0, assuming the domU is not running):
# mkdir /mnt/domU
# mount -o loop /images/domU.img /mnt/domU
# cp -dpR /lib/modules/2.6.11-ocxenu /mnt/domU/lib/modules
# umount /mnt/domU

Reboot your domU. Then try the modprobe function again.

After that mkinitrd ought to work.