[Xen-users] Managing multiple Dom0's

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Managing multiple Dom0's
From: "Jonathan D. Proulx" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 10:38:38 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 15:50:44 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Are there people currently managing multiple Dom0's and making
significant use of migration?

I'm loking at a potential setup of 16 or so physical systems with
perhaps 64 or so virtual systems (DomU's I suppose Dom0 is also a
virtual system if I understand thing correctly, but that's no twhat I
mean here).

It seems to me that making heavy use of migration for load balancing
would make it difficult to know where a given DomU was running at any
given time and make it difficult to know which DomU's if any should be
started on boot up.

My current test setup is running 3.0.1 on Debian Stable.  I have two
physical systems with a shared F/C disk array using CLVM, which holds
the vbd's for teh DomU's and a GFS filesystem shared between the two
Dom0's .

I'm currently considering witing a wrapper for "xm" that uses a
database to store DomU options and last run locations, but I'm hoping
someone aleady has somehting...

-Jon