[Xen-users] Problems with Dell 2850

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Problems with Dell 2850
From: Luke <secureboot@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 16:16:45 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 21:28:49 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
When I try to boot a custom-compiled kernel on a dell 2850, with the 4e/di raid controller, i get an error similar to the one found here:

http://www.option-c.com/xwiki/ Xen_Errors#Kernel_panic:_VFS:_Unable_to_mount_root_fs_on_unknown- block.282.2C0.29

about not finding an NFS server.

I'm assuming this is because the Xen kernel can't mount the root filesystem for some reason (its ext3).

In the kernel, pulled via mercurial of xen-3.0-testing, all i did was enable as modules some iptables stuff, and all the megaraid options as modules.

I've also done the same thing with unstable.

This is a bit odd, since I had 3.0 testing working about 2 weeks ago, and now, following what I thought was the exact same procedure, i can't get Xen to boot. The /boot/grub/menu.lst entry is the same as I was using before, and contains the same root=/dev/sda1 option that the Debian-installed kernels do...

title           Xen-smp
root            (hd0,0)
kernel          /boot/xen.gz dom0_mem=128000
module          /boot/vmlinuz-2.6-xen0 root=/dev/sda1 ro
savedefault
boot

any ideas what the problem could be? The debian 2.4 kernels (they have the megaraid2 driver) work just fine.

What other information is necessary?

--
Luke