Re: [Xen-users] SELinux + EVMS + Xen - anyone done it?

To: Ed W <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] SELinux + EVMS + Xen - anyone done it?
From: Molle Bestefich <molle.bestefich@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 13:47:06 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 12:59:09 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ed W wrote:
> Hi, I have seen a few posts on the list from people who were working on
> this.  If anyone has succeeded can you please drop me a line with some
> notes on your boot process and the initrd creation process please?

I've made one manually that does evms_activate and mounts the root
filesystem under Xen.

I sent various patches towards the maintainer of genkernel (Tim Yamin)
which would allow it to work with Xen, but he didn't like some of them
too much it seemed.  Guess he's not a Xen user.  So I eventually just
gave up and made an initrd by hand.

Making the initrd by hand isn't hard, it's mainly making sure that
your binaries are compiled static and then whipping together a script
to mount your root partition and pivot_root to it.