Re: [Xen-users] xen 3.0.1 networking fails.

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] xen 3.0.1 networking fails.
From: Ralph Passgang <ralph@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 16:47:21 +0100
Delivery-date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 15:58:01 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Am Samstag, 4. Februar 2006 16:06 schrieb Steve Kemp:
>   Using the latest packages by Ralph Passgang for Debian Sid
>  my virtula machines suddenly have no networking access.
>
>   Upon the guest systems there is an error bringing up eth0
>  which wasn't present previously.  Has something changed wrt
>  to networking devices?
>
>   I'll not post y configuration file, since that might be
>  a bit unweidy, but I changed nothing from 3.0.0 -> 3.0.1
>  and suddenly things are failing..
>
> Steve

Hi Steve,

I don't see this problem on my xen3 machines (sarge & sid), but I got a report
from a user having a clean debian sarge installation with xen-3.0.1-0tha2 and
having problems too, but more a problem with xend (maybe because I changed
some python dependencies).

But neverless, can you give some more information what happens in your domUs?
Do you see any errors or is the network up but simply not working? Have you
copied /lib/modules/2.6.12.6-xen to your domU fs after you upgraded your
xen3.0.0 kernel to 3.0.1?

and last but not least, do you use my linux-xen0-2.6 package or do you compile
your kernel on your own?

--Ralph