Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0, setting up a virtual network with NAT

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0, setting up a virtual network with NAT
From: Richard Jones <rich@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 17:25:13 +0000
Delivery-date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 17:07:35 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 05:15:52PM +0100, CJ van den Berg wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 04:31:47PM +0000, Richard Jones wrote:
> > I've got a network set up as in the diagram below:
> >
> >    domU               domU
> >    fake eth0          fake eth0
> >    192.168.99.2       192.168.99.3
> >        |                   |
> >        +-----------+-------+
> >                192.168.99.1
> >                dummy0
> >                 * dom0 *
> >                real eth0
> >                public IP address
> >
> > In /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp I've got:
> >  (network-script 'network-bridge netdev=dummy0')
>
> What you want is:
> (network-script network-nat)

I tried the above, and also:
  (network-script 'network-nat netdev=dummy0')
and neither works.  With these I can no longer ping my domU's even.

Can you tell us about your configuration?  It's really unclear what IP
addresses I should give the domU's, whether I need dummy0 at all, and
what IP addresses should go into the domU configuration files.

It'd be great if you could share the relevant lines from your
xend-config.sxp and from your domU *-config.sxp files.

Rich.

PS. I'm using the latest Xen 3.0, downloaded today.

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.