[Xen-users] How to work with VLANs and several nic Interfaces ?

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] How to work with VLANs and several nic Interfaces ?
From: Nuno Gonçalves <nuno@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 16:09:08 -0000
Delivery-date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 16:19:43 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

I have xen2.0.7 running in a fedora core 3 !
I have dom0 and domU running fine and communicating between each other as
well between other machines on diferent networks.

Still i want to improve my network setup and i start reading manuals and
malling lists about bridging and vlans configuration!

I have two nics each one associated to eth0 and eth1.

Eth0 -> Vlan A
Eth1 -> Vlan A,B,C,D (tagged)

I want that Dom0 only comunicates through Eth0 wich i did in a easy way
(Just assign the ip and all is smooth)

But i can't get DomU working using only eth1 !

I tried on the configuration file with
pci = ['00,0a,0'] associating the DomU to the Eth1 PCI And setting up the
network

I also recompiled the kernel in order to use the 8021q module (tagged vlans)

Wich is the best way on doing it ?
Can you point me some link on the web on this subject ?
The manual
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/xen/readmes-2.0/user/user.html#SE
CTION03220000000000000000 just covers it in a superficial way

Thanks in advance

Nuno