Re: Re^2: [Xen-users] Again: tcp/ip traffic between domU and dom0 does n

To: Ingo <fallback@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Re^2: [Xen-users] Again: tcp/ip traffic between domU and dom0 does not work
From: Michael Heyse <mhk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 14:18:57 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 13:30:27 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ingo wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> thank you for trying to help me. My syslog says nothing about the
> problem. The network connection simply seems to freeze.

Just to be sure - you looked in both the dom0 and domU syslog? Maybe you could
just try to reduce the MTU to 1490 for dom0 and domU and see if it works
better. I experienced quite a few "it sometimes works almost" type of network
problems in the past (not related to xen) and some of them were MTU related (->
tunnels, pppoe, ...).

> Any other ideas??  8-(

The other problem I had with xen were scheduling problems that caused a domain
to almost freeze when another one was highly active. This made a large rsync
from domU->dom0 impossible and resulted in a loss of the network connection. I
solved this by executing a

xm sched-sedf ${DOMAIN} 0 0 0 1 1

for all domains including dom0. But I doubt that this is related to your
problem...

Thanks,
Michael