Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0 domU not getting configured

To: Grant Monroe <grant@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0 domU not getting configured
From: Patrick Wolfe <pwolfe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 14:43:03 -0500
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 12:09:30 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, 2006-01-31 at 10:30 -0800, Grant Monroe wrote:
> The problem I am having is that the domU does not seem to get any of
> the settings from the configuration file (i.e. eth0 is not configured
> and the system has no hostname).

I've never had much luck getting any domU's to accept their hostname/ip
address from the xen client config file.  I either hardcode them (on
debian, vi /etc/network/interfaces /etc/hostname) or use DHCP to assign
them.

--

Patrick Wolfe

email:   pwolfe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx