[Xen-users] Re: Xen 3.0-8259 hangs on boot with SMP

To: Fernando Maior <fernando.souto.maior@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: Xen 3.0-8259 hangs on boot with SMP
From: Michal Ludvig <michal@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 09:22:00 +1300
Cc: Xen userlist Userlist <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 20:28:57 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Fernando Maior wrote:

> Just checking: did you copy /lib/modules/2.6.13-15.7-xen from the
> dom0 filesystem into the guest domain filesystem? Also, what about
> you /etc/xen/<guestdomain> config file? Can you show me a copy?

Both these questions are unfortunately irrelevant as I can't even boot
dom0 :-(

> Also, have look at this:
>
> http://lse.sourceforge.net/kdump/kdump-test-reports/4/results
>
> I did try a search at Google with "ACPI: Assume root bridge" and
> found it, along with other links that may be of interest.

Could you elaborate please? I can't see a relevance to my problem.

> And, I would turn of ACPI in BIOS, if possible. Anyway, for a server,
> it is not of any use...

I'm not sure I can turn it off completely but I'll try in the evening
once I'm physically back with the machine. However I tried acpi=off
kernel option and it still hung while detecting PCI (just a guess from
the last line printed on the screen).

Michal Ludvig
--
* Personal homepage: http://www.logix.cz/michal