[Xen-users] Loss of network connections in Dom0 and DomU

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Loss of network connections in Dom0 and DomU
From: Tristram Cheer <tristram@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 20:23:13 +1300
Delivery-date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 07:27:41 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi All,

I'm having real problems with xen 3.0 testing, Dec 09 build
if i dont have an active TCP connection going out from either the DomU or Dom0 i will find that incoming connections are dropped, an etherreal capture shows nothing but the ICMP request. the hardware is a compaq ML380 G2 with a Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5702X Gigabit Ethernet (rev 02) nic. sometimes it happens with the Dom0 but i can access DomU's fine when this happens, sometimes it happens with a DomU but other DomU's or the Dom0 are fine.

I'm running with standard network bridge that xen runs with, if i dont have any domU's running the dom0 is fine. Its all running standard 2.6.12.6 kernel.

Right now a DomU is not responding to ping, this is what i can do

Ping from Dom0 to DomU's external IP (xxx.49.132.8)
Cant ping from anyother device on the same switch to the DomU
Can ping from any device to the Dom0

As soon as i logged into the Dom0 and did a "xm console VMNAME" and then went ping xxx.49.132.1 i saw all pings going to the Dom0 start getting reply's

There is 0 firewall's in place anywhere on the lan, DomU and Dom0 are Ubuntu 5.10 Server install's.

The DomU has had a static MAC and a dymanic Mac, both do the same thing. VMNAME .sxp file is as so

name ="base"
kernel ="/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.12.6-xenU"
root ="/dev/hda1"
memory =128
disk = ['file:/vserver/images/vm_base.img,hda1,w','file:/vserver/images/vm_base-swap.img,hda2,w']

# network
nics=1
#vif = [ 'mac=00:16:3E:69:74:67, bridge=xenbr0' ]
dhcp ="on"

extra="3"

Anyong got ANY ideas?

Cheers