Re: [Xen-users] Backing up "live" Xen systems?

On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 09:15:37AM -0800, Ram wrote:
> If I understood your post, you actually want to have recoverable
> "system images" of the virtual systems as opposed to backing up
> the data on the virtual systems. Did I get that right?

  That is correct.

  Although now I realise that my "solution" will not work, the
 migration doesn't actually copy the image, just the memory.  I
 guess I wasn't remembering correctly.

> The way I see it, to  do "live" back ups, you will have to
> do it from within the virtual system.  You could potential pause,
> the virtual instance to avoid data integrity issues and migrate.
> This pause is like to interrupt production, but better than doing
> off-line I suppose.

  I think that will be the thing to try working with next.  I
 assume that pausing the image then doing a local rsync will
 be reasonably quick.  But I will need to test it.

Steve