Re: [Xen-users] Backing up "live" Xen systems?

To: Steve Kemp <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Backing up "live" Xen systems?
From: Ram <tekayr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 09:15:37 -0800
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 17:21:21 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
If I understood your post, you actually want to have recoverable
"system images" of the virtual systems as opposed to backing up
the data on the virtual systems. Did I get that right?

I am very interested in the solution as well.

The way I see it, to  do "live" back ups, you will have to
do it from within the virtual system.  You could potential pause,
the virtual instance to avoid data integrity issues and migrate.
This pause is like to interrupt production, but better than doing
off-line I suppose.

Thanks
Ram