Re: [Xen-users] IP address

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] IP address
From: Dakshina Dasari <Dakshina.Dasari@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 17:43:49 +0530
Cc: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 12:13:09 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello ,

i have a guest domain up (with FC4 xenU kernel 2.6.11.1-1226 )
and running but am unable to allocate a static IP address to it .
I have referred to the Fedora Wiki QuickStart page and followed the steps to create the guest domain.
Dhcp is working fine , but i need a static IP assigned to the system

Is there some special parameter that must be configured ?
Any particular kernel module thats to be loaded

Also when i run the neat-tui tool do i specify the device to be configured as eth0 or the vif device ???

        Help appreciated.
        Regards,
        Dakshina

Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
Dakshina Dasari wrote:

Hi,
A very basic question --Do i need to allocate a static IP for each of the domains I create ???
     --Thanks
       Dakshina

Depends on your configuration.
Assuming you use bridge, then treat every dom-U's the way you treat other servers on that network. It might be assigning ip address thru dhcp or static. your choice.

If you want to start a new thread then please remove old text.