Re: [Xen-users] Xen on SuSe 10

Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen on SuSe 10
From: "Nick Couchman" <Nick.Couchman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 10:40:23 -0700
Delivery-date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 17:42:18 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Well, domain 0 is more stable with the latest Xen packages, but now I can't get my dom U's to boot.  I'm trying to export multiple physical devices from dom0 to my guest domains, and when I try to do more than one, the xm create command hangs (which ultimately hangs xend) and after restarting xend I get a bunch of device errors as if it can't find the device.  I can mount the devices just fine in dom0, but xend seems to have a problem seeing them.  I've shut down hald and acpi on my dom0, but to no avail.

Nick Couchman
Systems Integrator
SEAKR Engineering, Inc.
6221 South Racine Circle
Centennial, CO 80111
Main: (303) 790-8499
Fax: (303) 790-8720
Web: http://www.seakr.com

>>> On 2005/12/03 at 23:49:43, "Takekazu Okamoto" <tokamoto@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> "Nick Couchman" <Nick.Couchman@xxxxxxxxx> 2005/12/04 9:02 >>>
> First, the version of Xen packaged with SuSE 10.0 seems very
unstable.
You need more stable Xen packages.
See http://www.opensuse.org/Installing_Xen3

> Second, on the guest O/S, the interface presented seems to change
numbers.
> For example, the first time you boot the guest, it shows up as
interface eth0.
> The second time it increments to interface eth1, and so on,
Check out last block in "MAC addresses" of
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/SuseYastDomU

> The guest O/S has "eth0" (or eth1, or eth2, etc.),
> "veth0" (which I assume stands for virtual ethernet 0) and
> "vif1.0" (virtual interface 1.0 or 2.0, etc.).  I'm slightly confused
by
> which interface to configure on the guest O/S.
Following may help you to understand.
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2005-09/msg00376.html

Regards,
Takekazu Okamoto