Re: [Xen-users] RE: Tutorial : Debian, Xen and CLUSTER / GFS Supp ort

To: PAINCHAUD Christophe <cpainchaud@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] RE: Tutorial : Debian, Xen and CLUSTER / GFS Supp ort
From: Molle Bestefich <molle.bestefich@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 21:19:29 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 20:19:26 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
PAINCHAUD Christophe wrote:
> >In theory.  In practice, the snapshot target is horribly unstable and
> >will nuke your data sooner rather than later :-).
>
> I read on LVM2 ML that many fixes for snapshots were released and that it is
> much more stable.

It's being actively developed?  Sounds good!

I thought it was a dead thing, haven't seen a single thread about it
on dm-devel for at least 6 months.

Which ML did you see activity on ?

> I'am trying to use snapshot features under heavy IO stress
> and so far no problem. I will test and dig a bit more in the ML to be sure
> that is working as intended.

How are you testing?
Which patches to dm-snapshot are you using?
I've got an HP ProLiant (x86_64) here that's not going into production
for a month.  I'd like to chip in with some dm-snapshot (vs. Xen)
testing.

> I will soon put my solution in production so my
> boss will get mad at me if it fails 2 months after its launch :p

:-D.