Re: AW: [Xen-users] SuSE 10 no network in dom0 - arp problem?

Am 17.10.2005 um 16:00 schrieb Richard Wackerbarth:

As I see it, the arp difficulty is a result of the fct that they have "moved" the real MAC address from peth0 to eth0. I think that the xen net device acts as a ppp cross-connect and does not pass arp since it doesn't need arp to establish routing since there is just one device on the other end of the (virtual) wire.

Thanks. Now I now why it does't work.

Will that work if I give peth0 its own ip address and configure my route gateway through peth0?

So in which way is xen 3.0 in SuSE 10 usable then?
- DomU's cannot be installed since install source must be network based (NFS or the like). NFS doesn't work because I have no network.
- No softwareupgrade for Dom0. Obviously if no network ...

The change from xen 2.0 to xen 3.0 fixed some problems, my serial ports work now for my USV but introduced the network issue.

Is there another distro except SuSE which has a working xen 3.0 ? Whats about debian?

Robert