Re: [Xen-users] Status of USB or Firewire?

> I'd like to connect an external drive to one of my Xen boxes so I can send
> some backups that way; what's the current status of USB or Firewire under
> Xen? I'm ok hooking it up to either a dom0 or domU; doesn't make a big
> difference to me.

Either should work fine in dom0 on recent versions of 2.0 or unstable - there
are no known problems with these.  You can use the PCI assignment if you want
to give a domU direct access to a USB or Firewire controller and all its
attached devices.  Either way, you'll need to add the appropriate drivers to
your kernel config: we include USB support but not Firewire or USB Mass
Storage drivers.

There's also code for plumbing individual USB devices through from dom0 to a
domU but it'd not quite ready for primetime.  Plumbing individual Firewire
devices through in a similar way would be possible - just needs someone to
write the code ;-)

Cheers,
Mark