[Xen-users] Re: Traceback on xm create "No such process"

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: Traceback on xm create "No such process"
From: Matthew Palmer <mpalmer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 21:49:42 +1000
Delivery-date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 11:47:26 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 09:59:25AM +0100, Daniel Hulme wrote:
> > xen.xend.XendProtocol.XendError: (3, 'No such process')
> Is xend running when you try this? ps ax and see. If it isn't, do a xend
> start and see what happens. Check /var/log/xend.log and
> /var/log/xend-debug.log and see what is recorded there. If you can't
> find anything wrong, it may just be xend - it seems to be broken in some
> very interesting ways in unstable atm - so just sit tight until a fix
> appears. Any more info you can provide will be helpful at this stage.

Sorry, yes, I checked that xend was running, and it's ticking along nicely.
I forgot to check the logs, and sure enough there's some extra handiness in
there.  I tried to clear the xend-debug.log file by deleting it and
restarting xend, but there were all sorts of crashing and faffing behaviour.
A few more restarts (and lots of strange, random error tracebacks) and
suddenly everything worked.  I've now got xm create working OK, and I've
connected to the console without a hassle.

I guess this is the joy of running unstable software.  <grin>  I've just
subscribed to the commits list, and I'll keep an eye out for stability fixes
to xm and xend.

Thanks,
- Matt

--
A polar bear is a rectangular bear after a coordinate transform.