Re: [Xen-users] Using bonding-device bond0 for Xen

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Using bonding-device bond0 for Xen
From: "Andreas Bach Aaen (AH/TED)" <andreas.bach.aaen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 15:46:09 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 13:44:22 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Torsdag 08 september 2005 15:28, Richard Mayer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> did anybody succeed to use Xen 2.0.7 with a Bonding-Device in dom0?

Yes almost. I have used it with success on Xen 2.0.6

> I have configured a Bonding-Device consisting of eth0 and eth1 for
> redundancy reasons in dom0. I don't succeed in using this device with Xen.
> I adopted some scripts in /etc/xen/scripts:

I have just shortcutted the network script and setup a static configuration
elsewhere in Dom0.
Remember that interfaces added to a bridge may not have an IP address. You can
provide the bridge with an IP address, but not the interfaces attached to it.

You must setup a bridge and then add your bond0 interface to the bridge.
The DomU's that you add will then need an entry like:
vif = [ 'mac=aa:00:00:00:00:11, bridge=br-bond0' ]
in their configuration.

Regards,
--
Andreas Bach Aaen              System Developer, M. Sc.
Ericsson Danmark A/S           tel: +45 89 38 51 00