Re: [Xen-users] how to migrate guest OS to other servers without xen ins

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] how to migrate guest OS to other servers without xen installed
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 19:45:14 +0100
Cc: Jeremy Fang <balanceinfotech@xxxxxxxxx>, Andrew Thompson <andrewkt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 18:52:38 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
You might also need to adjust /etc/fstab on the filesystem, if the disk layout
is different to what the install was expecting.

I'd recommend downloading a copy of Knoppix (or some other Linux Live / Rescue
CD) so that you can boot with it to mount the filesystem on the new host and
tweak things after you've copied across.

Cheers,
Mark