[Xen-users] Serial port issue: Failed to obtain physical IRQ 4

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Serial port issue: Failed to obtain physical IRQ 4
From: Gil Freund <freund.gil@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 22:34:06 +0300
Delivery-date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 19:33:05 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I am tryin to connect a UPS (APC 750) to a machine running Xen 2.06
(Debian Sarge).

During boot I get the following messages:

Freeing unused kernel memory: 156k freed
Failed to obtain physical IRQ 4
Failed to obtain physical IRQ 4
Failed to obtain physical IRQ 4
Failed to obtain physical IRQ 4
Failed to obtain physical IRQ 4
Failed to obtain physical IRQ 4
Adding 979956k swap on /dev/hda2.  Priority:-1 extents:1
e100: eth0: e100_watchdog: link up, 100Mbps, full-duplex
Failed to obtain physical IRQ 4
Failed to obtain physical IRQ 4
Failed to obtain physical IRQ 4
Failed to obtain physical IRQ 4
process `syslogd' is using obsolete setsockopt SO_BSDCOMPAT

And nither NUT nor APCUSPD will communicate via the serial port with
the UPS, allthough APCUSPD does work over USB.

I disabled the following section from my .config:
#
# Serial drivers
#
CONFIG_SERIAL_8250=y
CONFIG_SERIAL_8250_CONSOLE=y
CONFIG_SERIAL_8250_NR_UARTS=2
# CONFIG_SERIAL_8250_EXTENDED is not set

The messages are gone, but so is any ability to communicates with the
serial ports (which is logical....).

Does anything else need to be changed to use /dev/ttyS# on DOM0?

Thanks

Gil