Re: [Xen-users] mysql & xen - is anyone using this combinationsuccessful

Paul Laws wrote, On 25/05/05 11:49:

>>>There's also a gcc flag for emitting direct TLS references directly in the
>>>code (the TLS library does this, which is why we disable it).  The gcc flag
>>>is "-mno-tls-direct-seg-refs".  Could this be your problem?  Does
>>>recompiling, with no-tls-direct-seg-refs help?

I get this error from configure when trying this flag:

configure:2693: i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -mno-tls-direct-seg-refs
- -DHAVE_ERRNO_AS_DEFINE=1 -DUSE_OLD_FUNCTIONS     conftest.c  >&5
cc1: error: invalid option `no-tls-direct-seg-refs'

I've checked the gcc info, and the nearest I can find is this:

`-ftls-model=MODEL'
     Alter the thread-local storage model to be used (*note
     Thread-Local::).  The MODEL argument should be one of
     `global-dynamic', `local-dynamic', `initial-exec' or `local-exec'.

     The default without `-fpic' is `initial-exec'; with `-fpic' the
     default is `global-dynamic'.

I'm not using pic.

# gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 3.3.5-20050130 (Gentoo Linux 3.3.5.20050130-r1,
ssp-3.3.5.20050130-1, pie-8.7.7.1)

Any other ideas?

>>>Cheers,
>>>Mark
>>>

> Would I have to use this when compiling gcc or when compiling mysql? (FWIW I
> get the segv with both with a native mysql compilation under gentoo, and with
> the precompiled (statically linked) binaries from mysql)
>
> [snip]
>
> --
> Paul Laws
> Analyst / Programmer